The Red Wings Project is an initiative aimed at highlighting the lack of sanitation, sanitation education and the misery of disadvantaged women unable to access adequate sanitary products and care.
RWP’S GENERAL MISSION & PURPOSE
In most African schools, young girls are pretty certain and convinced that going home or staying at home is the better solution to their periods than to be at school.
The Red Wings Project aims to tackles the following issues
- Increase access to sanitary products to disadvantaged females
- Create awareness around the lack of sanitation faced by a major portion of South African women
- Collect and donate sanitary products to the disadvantaged, homeless and shelters
- Eradicate the taboos of girls and women feeling humiliated when their on their menses
- Call on policy makers to make women sanitary products available to the underprivileged
- Consolidate all sanitary distribution efforts all across the country into a central in-sync mechanism that enables equal and fair distribution to all areas
- Educate women and girls about the disposal of used sanitary products and the importance thereof